(PLACEHOLDER) A dispensary is really just a retail store – albeit one with extraordinary security. And while that is how industry insiders and cannabis consumers understand these facilities, it’s a perspective still completely foreign to the vast majority of insurance underwriters and their companies.
We occasionally hear dispensary owners say they’ve obtained general liability coverage through mainstream insurers. But since such carriers will not knowingly offer a policy to a cannabis operation, there is only one way this can happen: their agent failed to disclose the true nature of the client’s business, leaving them with a policy of questionable value. This is not the way we treat our insureds.
Instead, our approach is to represent only those carriers whose policies are tailored to the unique risks of the cannabis industry. Full disclosure means the right policy with the correct coverage, so our clients are assured of having a policy that truly protects their business.
We Recommend General Liability for these cannabis operations:
- Retail Dispensaries
- Smoke Shops
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: Helps protect you in case injuries occur to other people resulting from your business operation
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Protection in case damage occurs to the property of others
- Personal Injury Liability coverage: Helps protect you for offenses such as false arrest, libel, slander, and wrongful entry
- Advertising Injury Liability Coverage: Helps cover your legal liability for a variety of offenses arising out of the advertising of your business’s goods and services
- General liability with limits of up to $1M per occurrence, $2M aggregate
- Stated value for cannabis stock & inventory, to include flower, edibles and concentrates
- Cargo for short hop delivery service
- Product liability
- Excess policies of up to $4M